Grow your practice here.
LewisGale Hospital at Alleghany is a 190-bed hospital that serves patients from a wide geographic region including portions of both southwest Virginia and eastern West Virginia--nearly 90,000 people live or work in the communities that it serves. LewisGale Hospital at Alleghany features all private patient rooms and offers most of the advanced services you would expect to find in a much larger hospital.
Some of these services include an emergency department that uses a Fast Track treatment process, advanced imaging services, a comprehensive Women's Center and orthopaedic care. LewisGale Hospital at Alleghany was also the first rural hospital in the state to be recognized as an Accredited Chest Pain Center.
We offer affiliation models that meet a wide range of physician practice preferences and lifestyles. We respect the fact that not all physicians want the same kind of relationship with their healthcare system, and we're always willing to discuss options with you.
To see all of our physician opportunities at LewisGale Hospital at Alleghany and our other affiliated hospitals, please click here.
Choose the relationship you want.
We’re not locked into a one-size-fits-all affiliation model. Here your options include:
- Employment (solo, group or multidisciplinary )
- Medical staff privileges for independent practitioners
- Income assistance for eligible, relocating physicians
- Joint venture relationships (outpatient).
We welcome inquiries from physicians in all manner of circumstances including:
- Experienced physicians wishing to relocate from out of the area
- Local physicians seeking medical staff privileges
- Recent graduates finishing a residency or fellowship.
A national company. Managed locally.
LewisGale Regional Health System is a regional network of locally managed healthcare facilities including four hospitals, an outpatient surgery center joint ventured with physicians, an outpatient diagnostic imaging center, an outpatient women's center, and one of the largest multi-specialty physician practices in the state. We serve patients in a 20-county region.
Our parent company, HCA, headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, is the nation's leading healthcare provider with 190 hospitals and 90 surgery centers in 23 states, England and Switzerland.
- LewisGale Hospital at Alleghany, Low Moor
- LewisGale Medical Center, Salem
- LewisGale Hospital at Montgomery, Blacksburg
- LewisGale Hospital at Pulaski, Pulaski
- LewisGale Physicians
- Blue Ridge Surgery Center
- The Imaging Center at LewisGale Hospital at Montgomery
- The Women's Center at LewisGale Hospital at Alleghany
Comprehensive clinical capabilities.
From primary to tertiary care, our network is comprehensive enough to meet your needs—and those of your patients. Our array of advanced services includes:
- Two accredited cancer centers
- Cardiac—diagnostic, interventional; cardiovascular and thoracic surgery
- Neurosurgery; orthopedic, vascular and general surgery
- Centers of excellence in maternity care, rehabilitation and behavioral health
- Specialty centers for diabetes, wound care, breast care, digestive diseases and assisted reproductive services
- Accredited chest pain centers.
All patients have ready access to LewisGale Medical Center, our tertiary facility, through a 24/7 patient transfer system, as well as an air transport service.
Programs to enhance your practice.
- Specialty and subspecialty in-hospital consultation capabilities available
- Advanced diagnostic imaging services, including PET Scan, 64 and 16-Slice CT, 3.0T and 1.5T MRI and Digital Mammography.
- Bedside barcode technology to prevent medication errors
- Electronic order management system for inputting and transmitting medication and patient orders (at select hospitals)
- Perinatal and neonatal initiatives such as fetal heart monitoring training and bilirubin testing for all newborns.
- Voice recognition systems for radiology patients’ record dictation (select hospitals)
A collaborative culture.
- our culture embraces two-way communication, and we are committed to an open-door policy with physicians.
- our physician sales and retention team is charged with listening and identifying concerns—and then resolving them quickly and efficiently.
- our service line strategy provides opportunities to focus on improving patient outcomes and enhancing care. service line teams consist of physicians, hospital administrators and clinical managers, with open dialogue and team decision making at their core.
We’re Focused on Quality.
HCA’s Quality and Patient Safety program is led by Jonathan Perlin, M.D., Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President of Quality. Priority initiatives underway are hospital-acquired infections (MRSA) and electronic medical records.