The Admitting area for outpatient testing and inpatient registrations is located in the new lobby of LewisGale Hospital at Alleghany.
If you are here for outpatient surgery, you will need to register at the desk on the second floor.
Please Bring the Following Items:
- All current health insurance card. Please note that you will be asked to make a deposit at the time of registration/admission or prior to discharge. Please be prepared to cover this out of pocket amount at that time. (Cash, checks and credit card payments are accepted.)
- Picture ID
- Prescription/Order for all tests
- A referral from your physician, if applicable
- Advanced Directives/Living Will/DNR/DDNR/Right To Die/Durable Power of Attorney, only applicable if you are undergoing surgery or will be an inpatient. (Please note, you must bring a copy of these forms each time you are admitted.)
- A note giving "Permission to treat" from parent or legal guardian if the minor is coming without you.
Please Do Not Bring:
- Personal valuables including jewelry or excess cash.
- Your own medications unless directed by your physician to do so.
- Contact your insurance company to receive precertification procedure requirements
- Verify with your physician's office that they have obtained the necessary authorization and referrals for your tests or procedures. The physician's office must initiate the process of authorization.
- It may be necessary to notify your Primary Care Physician that you will be coming to the Emergency Room for treatment.